Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C - 130 ML
- Available in 55 standard colors.
- Enhances the natural look and feel of the wood.
- 0% VOC, does not contain any water or solvents.
- Easy to maintain.
- It’s a natural wood finish because the oil is made of linseed.
- No overlaps or starting marks.
- Minimal use/High coverage: 300 - 500 ft²/L.
- Can be applied to almost all wood types.
- Green Certified.
- Great wear-, water- and heat resistance.
- Very fast curing: 80% in 2 days.
Applying Oil Plus 2C to Floors
- Sand the surface scratch-free according to NWFA guidelines, up to 120 grit.
- Vacuum thoroughly, then clean remaining dust using Rubio Monocoat Cleaner and wait until the surface is completely dry.
(check the technical datasheet of Rubio Monocoat Cleaner before use).
- Stir the A component until a homogenous mixture is obtained. Carefully mix the two components (Part A & Part B), for 1 to 2 minutes, with a ratio of approximately 3 units A to 1 unit B.
- Apply the oil to the perimeter of the room. Remove excess oil using a clean terry cloth within 10–15 minutes.
- Working in 50-100 ft² sections (or areas you can complete within 10–15 minutes), wipe the oil onto the wood and use a white or red buffer pad to equally spread the oil. Continue spreading the oil until the buffer pad no longer forms oil/color rings. Complete steps 6 & 7 before starting a new section.
*Spatula method: evenly spread Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C with a stainless spatula.
- Allowing a reaction time of at least 3–5 minutes, use a clean white buffer pad to remove all excess oil off the 50-100 ft.² section.
- Thoroughly remove all excess oil within 10–15 minutes of initial application by placing a clean terry cloth under a clean white buffer pad. If needed, remove all excess oil from v-grooves/bevels and holes by hand.
- Continue working in zones you can complete within 10–15 minutes. The surface should be dry to touch upon completion
Applying Oil Plus 2C to Furniture
- Sand the surface scratch-free, up to 120 or 150 grit.
- Vacuum thoroughly, clean the surface with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner to remove any remaining dust, and wait until the surface is completely dry.
(check the technical datasheet of Rubio Monocoat Cleaner before use).
- Stir the A component until a homogenous mixture is obtained. Carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 minutes) with a ratio of approximately. 3 units A to 1 unit B.
- Spread out a small quantity of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C using the Rubio Monocoat Applicator Set
*Spatula method: evenly spread Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C with a stainless spatula in zones which can be finished within 15 minutes (including step 5)
*For ceilings and walls, apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C to the surface using a brush and spread using the Rubio Monocoat Applicator Set.
- Allow to react for 3–5 minutes. Wipe away all excess oil with a clean terry cloth. Within 10–15 minutes from initial application, perform a final pass using a clean terry cloth, ensuring all excess is thoroughly removed. The surface should be dry to touch upon completion.
Summarized specifications, please read TDS before using product.
Spread Rate: 300-500 ft²/L
Cure Time: Within 5 days
VOC Content: 0%
Color Options: 55
Shelf Life: 36 months
Warning: Cloths saturated with oil may spontaneously combust. After usage, they need to be soaked in water before disposable.
Rubio Monocoat 2C Oil Plus is a natural and environmentally friendly oil. It creates an extremely durable finish, and enhances the natural beauty and grain of wood flooring. Maintaining an oil finished floor is simple, and when followed properly, your floor will look beautiful indefinitely.
Rubio Monocoat Oiled floors should be maintained regularly, but the process is easy. There should never be a need for moving heavy furniture for a re-coat or a messy re-sand. The only reason you would need to re-sand your flooring with a Monocoat finish would be if a color change is desired. Unlike with a topical urethane finish, where maintenance is messy and lengthy and re-sanding is necessary between applications.
Keeping Your Oil Finished Floor Clean
Once your floor is finished with Rubio Monocoat oil, you should allow a three-week cure period before cleaning with liquids. Keeping dirt and grit off a wood floor will greatly extend the life of any finish. You should place mats inside and outside all exterior doors and in front of sinks.
- Keeping your oiled floor clean is the first step to maintain and protect the oil finish. Vacuuming or sweeping to remove dirt and grit is regularly is an important step to protect the wood and oil finish, and will greatly extend the life of any finish. Place rugs or mats inside and outside all exterior doors, as well as in front of sinks. Scuff-marks can be easily removed by rubbing the spot with a tennis ball.
- Using a damp mop with clean water is sufficient for the regular cleaning of your oiled floor. Remember that wood and water do not mix, so damp mopping means your mop should not be “dripping wet” when cleaning a wood floor. Clean water will not always get your floor clean.
- Rubio Monocoat Natural Soap should be used at least 3 or 4 times per year on your oiled floor. The soap will remove all dirt and grease thoroughly, without leaving a film or affecting the matte natural look of the wood. Apply the soap and water mixture using a damp mop. Natural Soap is mixed at a ratio of 40:1. One liter of Natural Soap will make 1–20 gallons of cleaning solution. You can also use Rubio Monocoat Surface Care Spray, which contains Natural Soap in a premixed, easy to use spray bottle. This is especially useful for spot cleaning.
Removing Stains and Black Spots from Wood
Black spots or tannin stains occur on wood after coming into contact with moisture and metal, like from cans, flower pots, etc... These spots are caused from a chemical reaction of acid and water. Rubio Monocoat Tannin Remover is a ready-to-use product which effectively removes these spots and stains from oiled, untreated or waxed wood surfaces. It can be also be used on water damaged parquet floors, as well as on outdoor wood surfaces. Tannin Remover comes in a 0.5 Liter or 1 Liter ecospray bottle.
Tannin Remover is a ready-to-use product for removing stains and spots on wood caused by a reaction to acid and water. It can be used on untreated, oiled and waxed surfaces.
Refreshing and Rejuvenating, an Oil Finished Floor
Rubio Monocoat Oil is composed of natural ingredients. It is sustainable, renewable, and completely environmentally friendly. Since no artificial toxic hardeners are used to increase the durable life of the finish, periodic rejuvenation is necessary, usually between 2 and 6 years. The use of Rubio Monocoat Renew will extend the time period.
High traffic areas like the inside of entrance doors, hallways, and around kitchen cabinets wear faster than the rest of your floor. Over time, they can develop “dry” spots as the finish wears away. The worn spots will appear dry or rough. These areas can be renewed individually whenever necessary using Rubio Monocoat Renew. If the color of the surface is affected, you will need to use Rubio Monocoat 2C Oil in the original color.
Renew is a ready-to-use revitalizing treatment oil that absorbs into and restores the oil finish. It is very easy to apply. Simply wipe Renew onto the dry area, leave it to react for a few minutes, and wipe dry. Using Renew when necessary will extend the time span between complete reapplications and will increase the life of the finish.
Increase Sheen and Rejuvenate Oil Finished Surfaces
To add sheen Rubio Monocoat's newest product, Sheenplus is a perfect solution to add luster to your oil finished flooring. It provides a durable satin look and is easy to apply. You can also use Rubio Monocoat Universal Maintenance Oil is used to increase the sheen of an oil finished floor. 2C Oil creates a matte finish, applying Universal Maintenance Oil will create a satin appearance. It also nourishes and adds a light glow to the wood finish. Universal Maintenance Oil can also be used to convert a floor finished with a different oil finish to a Rubio Monocoat floor. Once you have used Universal Maintenance Oil to rejuvenate a surface, future maintenance must be performed using RMC Universal Maintenance Oil. Universal Maintenance Oil dries in approximately 6–7 hours. Universal Maintenance Oil is available in 5 colors. Pure (Clear), Black, Brown, Grey and White. For detailed application instructions for Maintenance Oil, or any other Rubio Monocoat product, you can find downloadable versions on each product page. We are also available by phone or email if needed.
Pets and Oiled Wood Floors
Pets can be a challenge for any flooring surface. Scratches and accidents are inevitable when you have pets in the home. Accidents, when left unattended, will eventually mar the look of your floor. As long as the wood itself is not damaged, spots can be topically repaired using Rubio Monocoat 2C Oil Plus. Repair and restoration from both accidents or scratches is much easier and more affordable since you can treat the spots themselves instead of addressing the entire floor. This is not possible with a traditional urethane topcoat system.
Is there a clear Oil Plus 2C
What is the difference between Oil Plus 2C and Oil Plus Part A only?
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C consists of 2 components. Part A and Part B. Part A is the oil and Part B is the accelerator/hardener. When Part B is used, the cure time is just 7 days. Making it more suitable for use on floors or other surfaces that you desire a quick cure time. A shorter cure time creates less chance of spotting, scuffing etc. Part A only is fully cured in 3 weeks
Curing Time Comparison
Oil Plus 2C (Part A & Part B combined)
- 24 Hours: 60%
- 48 Hours: 80%
- 7 Days: 100%
Oil Plus - Part A without accelerator part B
- 24 Hours: 60%
- 48 Hours: 80%
- 21 Days: 100%
Does Rubio Moncoat Oil Plus 2C have a matte or shiny appearance?
How many coats of 2C Oil do I need to apply?
What types of wood can Oil Plus 2C be used on?
How do I know which color of 2C Oil to use?
Is Oil Plus 2C food safe?
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is ideal for application on butcher block countertops, tabletops, charcuterie boards and other surfaces where food is involved, since it has been declared safe for use on food contact surfaces by an independent testing institute.
However, it is not recommended for use on cutting boards or other boards that are used for cutting, since the oil bonds with the top microns or the wood and a knife can cut deeper than the product penetrates. Leaving the wood exposed and susceptible to mold and/or bacteria growth.
Can I put a polyurethane or lacquer topcoat over an Oil Plus 2C finish?
Oil Plus 2C does not require a topcoat. If you would like additional sheen to your wood, you can apply the latest product from Rubio Monocoat, SheenPlus. It adds a satin sheen to the matte finish from Oil Plus 2C. It also provides a durable scratch resistant finish.
If you would like to add polyurethane or lacquer, you will need to verify with the manufacturer of the polyurethane or lacquer to ensure adhesion, since Rubio Monocoat cannot guarantee other product lines.