Non-reactive water-based pre-treatment
- Stable color that can easily be reproduced
- Excellent spot-resistance after treatment with Rubio Monocoat oil
- Deep coloring with subtle accents
- Can be used on virtually all wood types, including those without tannins
- pH-neutral product, as opposed to reactive pre-colors
- Does not affect the quality of the finishing coat
- Minimal odor
- Free of transport restrictions
- Also colors the hard parts of the wood and the sapwood
- Leaves no overlapping marks
- Sand surface without making scratches and vacuum.
- Apply Pre-Aging to the surface using a painter's tray and the Rubio Monocoat Microfiber Bristle Pad.
For edges/corners: apply with a cut-in pad then smooth the Pre-Aging using a white pad. Work along the length of the boards, in widths of 10-15 inches. Avoid forming puddles.
- Allow to dry for about 24 hours and ensure sufficient ventilation.
Tip: It is perfectly normal for the surface to dry in ‘spots’ that follow the grain pattern. As long as the surface still looks ‘spotted’, it is not dry yet.
- After drying (approx. 24 hours if there is sufficient ventilation), break the raised wood fibres using a buffer with a red pad. Vacuum and finish with a colour from the Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C range. No buffing needed.
IMPORTANCE OF THE CORRECT TOOLS
After intense testing, this application method is the preferred one of the Rubio Monocoat specialists. The use of the Rubio Monocoat Bristle Pad plays a crucial role in this and leads to the easiest, quickest application method and the best coverage.
RUBIO MONOCOAT BRISTLE PAD
The pad is not as wide as other microfiber pads, for optimum user comfort. The structure of the fibres has been developed in such a way that the product is not sucked up, which would result in unnecessary high consumption. The hard microfibers in the pad ensure less resistance during the application of the product.
Unlike other microfiber pads, you don’t have to push so hard on the pad and the product is distributed easily and evenly.
Take into account that the basic color, the grain structure and the porosity of the wood may affect the end result. A wood type with a red undertone, for example, will have a different effect than new, light-colored pinewood. That is why it is important to apply a sample first.
Summarized specifications, please read TDS before using product.
Spread Rate: 150-200 ft²/L
Color Options: 10
Shelf Life: 36 months
Warning: Do not allow to freeze